Each Summer, Lake View holds camps for kids who have or have had a parent in prison. Lake View has been holding camps in cooperation with Prison Fellowship for Angel Tree children since 2002. These camps give kids a chance to just be a kid, learn about Jesus, experience unconditional love, and get away from the challenges they face everyday. During a week of camp, campers canoe, fish, swim, dance, sing, and worship. They make human pyramids, pretend to be animals to get their mail, throw a hula-hoop around a counselor, and play many games of carpet ball. They also meet new friends and role models. Most importantly, they learn about God's love!
Because we do not wish financial circumstances to be a reason kids cannot come to camp, we offer the Angel Tree camps for free unless the family feels they can afford to pay for part or all of the camp fee. Our goal is not to turn any Angel Tree child away. In order to do this, we rely on donations from individuals, churches, and organizations. To find out how you or your organization can help with this ministry go to Support Lake View.
If you have or know of a child who qualifies as an Angel Tree Child and would like information about how they can attend summer camp, please call (641) 628-2160 or email email@example.com. A seperate registration form must be requested and completed for a child to attend Angel Tree Camp.
*Grade is determined by the grade the child will be in the following fall.
Angel Tree 2017 Summer Camp Schedule
Elementary Angel Tree Camps (1st-5th Grade):
- Elementary Angel Tree Camp #1: June 5-9 (Camp Quaker Heights, Eldora)
- Elementary Angel Tree Camp #2: June 19-23 (Central College, Pella)
- Elementary Angel Tree Camp #3: July 24-27 (Camp Quaker Heights, Eldora)
- Elementary Angel Tree Camp #4: July 31-August 4 (Camp Quaker Heights, Eldora)
Middle School Angel Tree Camps (6th-8th Grade):
- Girls Angel Tree Camp: July 3-6 (Camp Quaker Heights, Eldora)
- Boys Angel Tree Camp: July 3-6 (Camp Pine Lake, Eldora)
High School Angel Tree Camps (9th-12th Grade):
- Girls Angel Tree Camp: June 26-30 (Camp Quaker Heights, Eldora)
- Boys Angel Tree Camp: June 26-30 (Camp Pine Lake, Eldora)
Separate registration is required for Angel Tree Camps. Please contact us at (641) 628-2160 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and registration.